Friday 11 November 2016

The Magic of Books

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you"



Books have always fascinated me. In school, I was that kid who borrowed books from the library every week and couldn't wait to issue more the next week. Even today, my love for books hasn't ceased. For some people, books are an escape from reality but for me, they are gateways to different and amazing possibilities. I have seen the magical world of wizards and witches, ridden dragons, travelled through space and time, fought with deadly assassins and visited glorious places, all while going through the pages of various book. That is the impact of books. They let you see a whole new world and you experience how brilliant human imagination is. It might sound strange but I always end up getting attached to the character. It literally takes nothing much to make me fall in love with a character and when that happens, I laugh and cry and live with that character. I have cried over a character's death, shouted at his/her stupidity, smiled at their happiness and cursed their wickedness. I get too engrossed and I love it.

            Books give you enlightenment, perspective and joy. I have learnt about human nature and its various shades from writers I have read. I know that Man is capable of not only doing the worst, but is also destined for greatness in today's morally degenerating society, there is really no doubt that humanity is losing its value. Thus, it is easy to lose your footing in this world and just think the worst of everything. This is where books come in. Even though the universe created is that of fiction or fantasy, there are so many characters carrying the torch of goodness that you have to believe that there is hope for us, after all. I could never figure out a favourite book or a favourite author. If you think you can never read a book, it's just that you haven't found the right one. Find the book that calls to you and then just led the magic unfold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A day to remember

  Today is an important day for me as I am entering into 5th  year of teaching profession and also I complete one year at Kameshwar Internat...